July 27, 2015
The Toronto Inline Skating Club is excited to host guest coach Sutton Atkins on August 17th 2015. Atkins brings a vast and deep skating & coaching experience, education, and knowledge for a workshop for all TISC member. He will work with workshop participants on technique and provide drills and training tips.
- Date & Time: August 17th 2015 6pm to 8:30pm
- Cost: TISC members free, all guest $20
- Location: 400-meter track at Father Redmond (Ken Cox) next to Humber College [directions here]
- More about Sutton Atkins: Sk8SkoolOnline, and Sutton Atkins’ bio
- What to Bring: Skates, running shoes, wrist/ palm protection, helmet, water bottle & water, clothing suitable for outdoor activity
July 26, 2015
Seminar Invitation: Southwest Speed’s “Introduction to In-line/ Roller Speed Skating Seminar” with Jesse Pauley
- Saturday August 1st, 11:45 am to 5 pm
- Hespeler Memorial Arena, in the Optimist Meeting Room
640 Ellis Road, Cambridge, Ontario
The seminar is an introduction to the sport known as “inline speed racing” as well as “roller speed skating.” A sister sport to ice speed skating, there is much interest in southern Ontario about roller speed skating given this sport’s significant profile at the Toronto Pan Am games.
The facilitator, Jesse Pauley, is an experienced coach and roller speed skater, Speed Director with Roller Skate Canada, and a coach with the Ottawa Pacers Speed Skating Club.
- 11:45- 12 pm: registration
- 12 pm-2:45 pm: Jesse will review several key topics such as how the sport is organized in Ontario, the formal rules around racing, proper technique information for coaches and skaters alike, and how ice speed skating coaches can adapt their knowledge to coach inline roller speed skating.
- 2:45-3 pm: break
- 3 pm -5 pm: a “hands-on” demonstration of many of the technical aspects reviewed earlier, taking place in the adjacent arena parking lot.
- The cost is $5.00 per adult (to cover room rental); free for those under 18.
- To reserve a space, or for questions, email Cris de Clercy at email@example.com
July 16, 2015
24 HOURS ROLLER MONTREAL: The Toronto Inline Skating Club will not lead the organization of teams for this year’s Montreal 24 Hours. The 24 Hours is planned for August 22nd & 23rd in Montreal, Quebec. TISC members will need organize themselves to create teams for this annual 24 hour event.
SCOOTER’S INDOOR SPEED- WINTER SEASON SURVEY: Are you planning on skating indoors this year with the Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club? We are trying to gauge interest levels for the indoor program in order to plan and prepare with Scooter’s Management.
July 3, 2015
Please note that the following TISC practices are cancelled: July 6, 9, and 13th.
A number if TISC volunteers, members, coaches, and directors are involved with supporting the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games event and won’t be available to run TISC programs and practices.
Anyone skating at the venues TISC has booked for July 6th, 9th, and 13th will be doing so at their own risk and unsupported (no coach, no emergency plan, no first-aid, no programming).
June 27, 2015
Roller Fest has been cancelled due to the weather forecast. Organizers will consider organizing the event in the future in light of the high interest in the event expressed by local racers, derby teams, roller figure skaters, and shops + community. Thanks to Cynthia Head & the organizing committee for planning and organizing the first, and hopefully Annual, Roller Fest.
June 26, 2015
Tomorrow’s Roller Fest will be cancelled if there’s rain. A decision will be made tomorrow at 11am. Please check TISC’s Facebook and website for updates.